Why Study MBA in Canada?
- Canada is one of the most popular destinations for overseas education and many students from India go to study abroad in Canada every year.
- Students choose Canada because of the plethora of employment opportunities on offer and the high standard of living.
- Moreover, Canada is a primarily English-speaking country so it is easy for students to integrate into the economy and into the culture without any difficulties.
- Canada is also home to one of the largest overseas Indian communities all over the world. You will find people from all parts of India in Canada.
- Canadian MBA colleges are highly reputed all over the world, with a few of them featuring in the top 100 MBA colleges globally on a regular basis.
- In short, Canada is a home away from home and that is one of the major reasons why Canada is one of the most preferred study destinations for Indian students.
- Additionally, Canadian universities are highly reputed, and earning a degree from them opens doors to lucrative career opportunities for students.
- Canada is also one of the easiest countries in the world to obtain a work permit and also to gain permanent resident (PR) status.
- These reasons make Canada a global hub for students and each year, thousands of youngsters from India flock to Canada to realize their dream of going to study abroad from India.
Types of Educational Institutes:
Students can pursue higher studies in different types of institutions in Canada. They are:
- Public Universities
- Private Colleges
Most Reputed Universities in Canada:
The most prestigious MBA colleges in Canada are:
- University of Toronto – Rotman School of Management
- Western University – Ivey Business School
- Queen’s University – Stephen J. R. Smith School of Business
- York University – Schulich School of Business
- HEC Montreal
- McGill University – Desautels Faculty of Management
- The University of British Columbia – Sauder School of Business
- University of Alberta
Most Popular Fields of Study for International Students:
- Consulting and Strategic Management
- Finance, Accounting, and Economics
- Risk Management
- Asset Management
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Environmental Management
- Business Analytics and Big Data
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
Program Duration & Cost of Education:
- An MBA degree from a reputed university usually takes two years of full-time study to complete.
- Tuition fees in these universities are lower than the fees in many other developed countries and range from CAD (Canadian Dollars) 30,000 – 40,000 per year.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Programs in Canada:
- Completion of 10+2 years of education in addition to at least 3 years of post-secondary education.
- At least three years of full-time post-graduate work experience.
- Standardized test scores of TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE examinations.
- A competitive GMAT score.
- A competitive grade point average or percentage of marks during graduation.
- Strong extra-curricular activities such as State/National/International level participation in events & competitions, valuable internships, relevant certifications, and strong recommendation letters from faculty members.
Intakes & Application Deadlines:
- Most MBA colleges have their main intake in September, which is known as the fall intake.
- The application deadlines for the first round of the fall intake are usually by 15th November, for the second round by 15th January, for the third round by 15th March and for subsequent rounds by 15th
- However, it is advisable for international applicants to send their applications latest by the second round of admissions.
- A few colleges also have a spring intake in January, but these intakes are smaller and the application deadlines are usually six to nine months before the beginning of the semester.
Following are the requirements to apply for a master’s degree in Canada for international students:
- A recognized undergraduate degree
- Minimum of three years of relevant full-time post-graduate work experience
- A competitive GMAT score
- A strong Motivational Letter or Statement of Purpose (SoP)
- Academic and professional letters of recommendation
- Certified academic transcripts
- An English language proficiency test (IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE)
Documents Needed to Apply for Student Visa:
The documents required to apply for a student visa to Canada are as follows:
- Proof of payment of the application fee of $150
- Payment of biometrics fee of $85
- A passport that will remain valid throughout the entire planned study tenure in Canada
- Proof of acceptance (offer letter) by a DLI (Designated Learning Institute) in Canada
- Proof of funds for one year, including tuition fees and living expenses. This can be shown by submitting the bank statements for the last six months.
- Medical Report
- Proof of English language proficiency with a score of 6.5 band overall and 6.0 band in each module for SDS (Student Direct Stream) process.
- Academic Records, Transcripts, Degrees and Certificates
- Statement of Purpose
- CAD 10,000 in the form of a GIC (Government Investment Certificate) apart from tuition fees for one year of study.